Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where am I going to spend my 200 hours of OJT?

First week of March I started choosing where I will spend my 200 hours of on-the-job training, I ask almost ten companies, six of them replied, namely CMFR, PCIJ, Vera Files, Sidetrip travel Magazine, Bulatlat.com and Journal Group of Publications.

I was interviewed by the Sidetrip Magazine unexpectedly when I was accompanying Marie Gaie on her interview. I am very nervous that time because I knew to myself that it will not turn out fine because I am not used of being interviewed (pinangungunahan ako ng kaba agad) and I am not good at speaking English continuously in front of people, but I’m happy that it turns well but they did not called back after that. I knew that they already choose one of my classmates as their intern when Marie Gaie told me after calling her.

Back then I don’t know what will I do after being rejected but I kept thinking that maybe that was not meant for me. Waiting for the other companies that I applied for my OJT was the only thing that I think I can do back then. I realize that patience is really a virtue.

When CMFR, PCIJ and Bulatlat.com invited me to attend their orientation I was already accepted in the Journal Group of Publications. Some of my classmates, Issa Romeral, Karen Pastor and Carmela Quidoles were the first batch of interns there. My OJTmates are Gaie Nolledo, Kleir Pineda and Camille Ponce (TEAM CAMP CRAME).

At first, I am not yet decided whether I will spend my 200 hours or only half and then I half will be on the bulatlat.com but Mr. Michael Mosqueda, HR of the Journal Group of Publication said that it might be difficult for me to transfer in the middle of my internship.

Mr. Mosqueda assigned us in Camp Crame PNP Press Corps and introduced us to Ms. Ma. Teresa L. Lardizabal, News Editor of Peoples Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment